Lobster Rolls – Weber
- 3 large garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) salted butter
- 4 Maine loster tailes, each about 6 ounces
- Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of 1/4-inch diced plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion (white and light green parts only)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chervil leaves
- 4 hot dog buns, sliced vertically form the top
- 1-1/3 cups shredded hearts of romaine
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the garlic and butter until the butter melts. Set aside about 2 tablespoons for brushing the buns.
Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat between 350 to 450 degrees F.
Carefully cut the lobster trails in half lengthwise. Season the meat with a little salt and brush some of the garlic butter over the sureface of each one. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the tails, meat side down, over direct medium heat with the lid open until the lobster meat is opaque. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the tails over, brush with more garlic butter, and continue to grill until the meat is slightly firm. This should be about 3 more minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, tomato, scallion, and lemon juice. Season with salt and hot sauce. Remove the lobster meat from the shells and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Add the lobster meat to the mayonnaise mixture. For the best flavor, chill at least 1 hour. Mix in the chervil just before serving.
Using a serrated knife, trim some of the crust form the sides of the buns. Brush the remaining garlic butter on the cut sides (outside only) of the buns and toast over direct medium heat until golden brown on both sides. This should take about 1 minute and turning once.
Place 1/3 cup romaine on the bottom of each roll and then top with lobster mixture.