Pool School is coming!! - September 12, 2016
To help our customers prepare for fall and winter, Pool World has their annual Pool Closing Seminar September 22nd at 7:00 pm. The class will be held at the Central Store located at 5701 E Sprague Ave.
New or experienced pool owners are welcome to join us at this event to learn more about their swimming pool and how to prepare for winter. If you attend this event you will have the pleasure of being taught by our BioGuard representative who has years of expertise in the pool industry. It’s an ideal time to come and ask questions about normal pool operation, water chemistry and pool closing. Come enjoy refreshments and take advantage of special savings.
Factory Rebate Event - September 09, 2016
Hot Spring Highlife Collection
Every hot tub in the Highlife Collection offers premium features that provide you with the best hot tub experience every day for years to come. Hot Spring Hot Tubs are known for their innovative jets combinations, superior filtration and advanced water care systems.
Hot Spring Highlife NXT Collection
The next generation of hot tubs has arrived within Hot Springs Highlife NXT Collection with the premium features of the Highlife Collection but has been enhanced! Within this new collection of hot tubs you will notice sculpted shells, redesigned jets, innovative exterior design and new look! Not to mention the new control system for operating the lights, jets and all the other special features available. The distinctive enhancements include the polymeric sub-structure, indicator lights, architectural molded corners, exterior lighting, and a polymeric base pan.
For more information, please visit one of our four store locations.
National Honey Month - September 08, 2016
September is National Honey Month! Honey has the ability to sweeten and enhance almost any recipe. Did you know that it also has a variety of health benefits, here are just a few!
- The flavonoids and antioxidants in honey can help to reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
- Reduces complications with ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders including bacterial gastroenteritis.
- During the manufacturing process of honey, bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide which provides anti-bacterial and anti-fungal elements to honey.
- Increased performance through boosting and maintaining a glycogen levels and is a great natural sweetener.
- Reduce cough and throat irritation through the use of honey, especially buckwheat honey. Honey has been shown to be just as effective as a single does of dextromethorphan.
- Blood sugar regulation is also a benefit of honey, because the honey has the exact combination of fructose and glucose works together with the body to regulate blood sugar levels. Some honey is even considered to be low hypoglycemic index.
- Heals wounds and burns by applying honey to the surface of the wound. This has been proven to be as effective as silver sulfadiazine.
- Probiotic, some honeys contain large amounts of friendly bacteria. These friendly bacteria’s include 6 species of lactobacilli and 4 species of bifidobactera.
- Beautiful skin, since honey has anti-bacterial qualities and when honey is combined with other ingredients it can be moisturizing and nourishing to the skin.
Since honey has so many benefits and a variety of uses then add a little more honey into your diet through delicious recipes. If you need some ideas, please visit our Recipe of the Week page.