Team & Club Rewards to Spokane Humane Society - April 15, 2013
Pool World wants to give a big thanks to Mac M. and Pat S. for selecting
Spokane Humane Society as the organization to
receive a $100 Donation!!
Thank you Mac & Pat!!
The Spokane Humane Society is a local non-profit public charity dedicated to the welfare of companion animals. Since 1897, we have acted as a refuge for animals in peril by providing care, shelter, and placement for tens of thousands of lost, neglected, and unwanted animals in the greater Spokane area. The number of animals we serve has varied over the years based upon our mission and role as animal control or in our current role as a companion animal adoption shelter.
If you have questions in regards to Team & Club Rewards or would like to find out how to donate, please contact one of our four store locations and or call one of our stores.
Pat purchased a Hot Spring Hot Spot SX and Mac purchased a Caldera Tahitian hot tub, if you are interested in seeing more information please visit Pool World’s Residential Hot Tub page!
Helpful Hints for Opening Swimming Pool - April 12, 2013
Here is a little more on how to open a swimming pool.
1. Clean decks and pool cover.
Remove all leaves & debris to prevent them from entering the pool when the cover is removed. Standing water should be pumped off cover.
2. Remove pool cover. Clean cover with Stow Away cover cleaner & store away for summer months.
3. Clean swimming pool and equipment. Remove all leaves, pine needles & debris from equipment, skimmer, basket and pool itself.
4. Remove winterizing plugs from pool equipment and pool & install summer fittings.
5. Fill swimming pool to full operating access. Generally middle of the skimmer.
6. Drain antifreeze and rinse lines. Wipe any antifreeze residue from skimmer and pool equipment.
7. Clean filters, (cartridge or de.) Use a product such as Strip Kwik or Kleen It to clean the filter if it was not cleaned in the fall.
8. Reassemble pool equipment. (Double check to make sure equipment is clean, installed and operating correctly.)
9. Start up the circulation system. Circulate pool 24 to 48 hours.
10. Clean sand fliter. Strip Kwik or Kleen it filter cleaner are both great product to use.
11. Brush walls, floor and stairs. Follow up with a vacuuming. Removing bacteria and debris is a very important step in opening your pool.
12. After the swimming pool has circulated for 48 hours, take in a water sample to Pool World to be tested. Follow up with water chemistry recommendations.
If you have more questions, please visit our How-To Worksheet page.
Season Supply - April 11, 2013
Have you opened your swimming pool? Are you looking for water care products for the upcoming swimming pool season? If so, come into one of our four store locations and ask about our Season Supply and the savings it has to offer! It doesn’t matter what size of your swimming pool is because we have packages from small to large.
If you are looking for more information on pools, please visit our In Ground page.